I have been at this for more than 28 years and have found all kinds of old bottles,45 records, tools, and newspapers that date back to the '30s. Two stories stick out though.
We were doing a kitchen remodel. The owner had two cats that were a pain in the ... The ceiling was opened only on one side of the kitchen to make fishing the cable easier without damaging the rest of the ceiling. Well as these jobs go, one of the cats disappeared, and the owner was really peeved and blamed us. Two weeks later the owner calls me and says the recessed light is making a very strange sound, as this is the first time I had heard that, I went to investigate. Long story short, the cat had crawled up into the ceiling and was laying (just about dead) by one of the high hats, and as the fixture heated up the cat would make this horrendous sound. The cat lived.

On another job, we were doing demo and the carpenter said that the 'jerk' who worked there before used too many nails to put the job together and it made his job hell. In the walls there was a name and date of the work. It was 1959, and my fathers name. It was very cool!!!

Pierre

Pierre Belarge