I worked with a guy one time that used to never use a hacksaw but always cut his conduit with a pipe cutter. I was never satisfied that using his channelocks to ream his pipe was sufficient because the pipe cutter would always leave a edge turned in, but he was my boss at the time so I couldn't say anything about it. He had done it for years and had no problem with it, so I guess that would make it all right, wouldn't it? Another pipe cutter user that I ran into would take his step bit and run it in the end of the pipe to clean out the edge. Would that be an acceptable practice in your opinion?
Nowadays, a lot of the guys I work with are using the 18 volt cordless kits that come with a cordless sawzall in it. They are great for cutting conduit, but I have noticed that if the pipe "peals" off before it is cut all the way through, it tends to leave a burr where it breaks off. They then have to be careful to take their dikes and trim it off or it is harder to ream. I wonder if a finer toothed blade would be helpful, but when I have gone to the hardware store, they don't seem to be readily available.
Do you use or would you recommend using a Klein reaming screwdriver? In my opinion, it gives the closest thing to a factory edge that you can get.