Hmmm....

Scott,

That's one of those cases where a 10-gang box of single toggle switches wouldn't be a bad idea.

I've seen triple-toggle switches (all in one unit) in Home Depot stores designed to fit in a single gang box similar to what you mentioned ...but FOUR TOGGLE???? Damn! What kind of a sadist must you be to want to fight with something like that to squeeze it into a 4x4 with mud ring, not to mention that you'd probably need a hammer and a broomstick to stuff it into a one-gang.

When UL lists these things, don't they take into account things like box-fill and other such rules stated in the NEC or do they just test to see that the thing isn't going to fall apart and catch fire?

Dunno what's the reasoning for using something like that when wiring single-toggle switches in a multiple gang box would be much easier to install and replace, more cost effective when it comes time for replacement, easier to find in most large GROCERY STORE(!) in a pinch.

Must be a feng-shui over function thing with these multi-function devices.

Feel free to keep smashing Despards on my account!! And while you're at it, here's a few 99-cent no-name "made in PRC" receptacles I found at the local odd-job store!! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 06-01-2003).]