Originally posted by Bill Addiss:
Resistor,

Welcome to the Forum!

I think Redsy was talking about taping the wires together to keep them from going wild (crossing, tangling etc.) before they can be pulled into the conduit. And he suggested taking the tape off as right before it enters the conduit.

I was just suggesting something else I'd seen that would keep the wires together and come off easier.

Bill

First off, Thanks Bill.

Second, It's been a long time since we did the job I mentioned. Now I understand what ya'll meant, I can't remember if we removed the tape or not, although that would be pretty obvios when you know there is binding.

We did pretty much the same thing Redsy mentioned but we were usng 4" conduit and running around #12 stranded [control wiring](sorry, don't remember the exact type wire) so we taped more than 5 wires in a bundle or we would have had another mess, but taped mess.

I love this site and come here to learn about the codes in reality. My Father was licensed, so I didn't need to be since we worked together. Don't mean to bum you out but my father got lung cancer, and I wasn't going to waist his short time he had, with him trying to tutor me on the NEC.

So now I'll figure it on my own, (in other words I'm workin' on the test) or with help from other sources like this place. So I'm glad this place is here. Thanks for the site!

[This message has been edited by Resistor (edited 07-18-2001).]