Ok, I'm ticked now... ok, only slightly miffed... nah, I'm actually glad I've been welcomed with my mundane question and outsider's perspective on technical and non-technical issues alike.

I would note that in my initial search for clarification of a contracting issue, I understood immediately that the site would most likely be a gathering of electrical CONTRACTORS by the obvious statement of such in the domain name. As such, I wouldn't expect a contractor to be uninformed, untrained, or uninterested in safety or code and I certainly wouldn't think most contractors would spend their off-hours giving away their skill and craft for free as is implied by some of the requests on 'how to avoid paying someone to do this' or if so, it would be an intentional give-away in the hopes of future business but that would be done in person in the form of performing actual work.

These forums have given me valuable insight on dealing with the contractors, the facility managers, the contract managers and the AHJs that I might encounter and the realistic situations that are involved with delivery of a vital service.

[This message has been edited by BuggabooBren (edited 03-29-2003).]