Well Rowdy, I can't speak for the inspectors in your area, but as for my assistant inspectors and I, we don't consider ourselves as having any sort of immunity. Never have. We see our responsibility for a safe, code compliant installation the same now as we did when we had the tools on. Not only that, but the Building Department EXPECTS us to get it right when we do an inspection. Maybe I'm a little spoiled here in Michigan. We have state licensing, which requires continuing education credits for renewal. Inspectors must be at least a journeyman for two years (which means a minimum of 6 years in the trade) or a master. Continuing education credits are also required to maintain registration as an inspector. Does that mean we have a perfect system here, or that I'm a perfect inspector? Not by a long shot. Nobody does,or is, and I doubt any political subdivision ever will have a perfect system with perfect inspectors. Just the same as the NEC will never be a perfect code. There's no such animal. And don't forget, writing, changing, and interpreting the code is a way to make a living for those at the NFPA. Leave it the way it is or make it understandable for the masses, and they'd be out of work. Same with all of the people who work at those trade rags you talked about Sparky. Like I said earlier, I don't know what the answer is. I just know we have to do the best we can with what we've got and keep trying to make it better as we go along.