... Yeah, but then you have to go and find appliances and cord caps that accomodate the mirror NEMA/AMEN configuration,..could be quite costly,..re-acquiring a houseful of cord and plug appliances.. I would rather lop the cord ends off,and solder the cord to the receptacle conductors directly..sort of a hard/soft wire compromise..I have a box of single pole toggle switches that I'm returning to my supply house because the dern'd things say "off" when the toggle is up,..confuses alot of customers..and the terminal screws are on the wrong side of the switch...or could they too be a mirrored version of our old,trusty standard?? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

PS,... actually had a hoot driving my counter guy crazy,..I asked for a 2-gang combination toggle and duplex receptacle plate,and after he'd brought it out along with the other stuff I'd ordered,..I yelled,.."NO,..THIS IS WRONG"..he looked at me real puzzled-like,and said "ain't that what you asked for"?? I said "No,..I asked for a combo plate with the duplex receptacle on the LEFT side,now go and get me the right one,okay??"...had him goin' for a good 12 minutes...then he threw it at me... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image from images.google.com]
Russ

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 10-31-2005).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"