I did see the other thread and it appeared to be a bit dated or I would have replied there. It also appeared to be somewhat directed at someone thinking DIY. I am more than happy to hire someone else to do it, if it's possible that it can be done "right.". What I don't want is a hack coming in and combining 2 normal outlets and thinking I wouldn't know the difference.

We live in a relatively small city in the Tampa Bay Area and the code inspectors are pretty good about letting citizens just bounce a question off them. They are also pretty particular about making sure all proper codes and directives of appropriate agencies and standards are followed. For example, they would not pass a gas plumbing project we had done until the holes where the pipe entered the home were properly sealed. Not really a major safety issue in the grand scheme of things. It does show how particular they are. Perhaps I will reach out to them with the scenario and see what they tell me. Pretty sure if there is a way they can accommodate and comply with best practices they will help me out.

I'll probably just go with a step-up converter and be done with it or see of the manufacturer makes a North American version. It's not a teapot/coffee pot like the other discussion but a Turkish coffee maker with a bit more in the way of electronics beyond a heating element.

It does appear to have an auto-shut off in the sense that it brews the coffee for a certain time, heats for a certain time and shuts off when ready. It seems to work very much like a Keurig in that way.

If interested, it's a Beko BKK2113 M, http://www.beko.com.tr

I see a CE and TSE stamp on there and that appears to be the Turkish Standards Institute...are they accepted elsewhere, I don't know. I don't think Turkey has fully made it into the EU.

I love me some Turkish coffee and it's nearly impossible to find good Turkish coffee in North America...so I am willing to try and figure this one out.