I hope you can continue to use different colors for the travelers, different switches, etc. It sure can make things less confusing.

That said, there's a limit to what you can do with colors. You CANT'T have it ALL! That is, clear wiring, minimal wire, minimal box count, etc. Let's look at two ways to do a 3-way switch arrangement:

A very common way is to have the power feed directly to the box over the fixture, with 'switch legs' going to the two switches. This results in all the wire nuts being in one box. It also means that the white wires going to the switches are used as part of the switch leg. The result can be a pretty crowded box, with all the wires looking the same.

Perhaps it would be better if you ran your power to the first switch, instead of directly to the fixture. Then run a cable with an extra wire to the next switch; there are your travelers. Finally, run wire from the last switch to the fixture box.

(This arrangement makes connections pretty clear in each box, and provides a neutral at each switch as well. IMO, this is the layout the Code is trying to encourage).

"But I don't have 2-circuit cable on the truck." Like I said, you cant have everything.

With the advent of energy codes, and more complex switching
arrangements, the problem can get even worse. Let me give an example of a job I did:

A meeting room had twenty 4-bulb fluorescent lights. They were to be controlled by two sets of 3-ways, so as to provide "two levels of lighting." The joker in the deck was that it was not clear exactly HOW they wanted the two levels of lighting achieved.

My plan: A small departure from the usual color coding arrangement. While power to each 'first' switch was from the same blue wire, I used blue and red from the "last" switches to the lights. I used purple (blue) and pink (red) for the travelers. In addition, I used the little lever-type Wago connectors. This allowed for easily changing the switching layout- much easier than using wire nuts.

How did it work out? Well, I made my best guess and powered up the lights. I guessed pretty well; I only had to move two lights from one 'set' to the other.

IMO, any understanding of the Code that would ban this method would be creating a hazard, not eliminating one.