I've never seen such a grossly oversized pad mounted Poco transformer near such a trivial load in my career.

I don't know how, when, or why such a beast would pass muster.

In my area, such secondaries would be routed underground. EUSERC standards would apply. Cheesy schemes are not allowed.

The number one concern, as ever, earthquakes.

====

Franchisees build to engineered prints -- as far as I know.

Certainly, that's all that I've witnessed.

====

The only time that SCCR comes up is when Design-Build -- in house -- is demanded.

It's so rarely done, by electricians, that I would not trust the average j-man to get it right. I'd expect him to miss somehting.

====

Out my way, coffee shops, and the like, are but a part of strip shopping centers -- just one out of four or more demised spaces -- powered by a NEMA3R SERVICE featuring a house panel and tenant panels. The MAIN OCPD is robust enough to stop shorts in the secondaries -- and was engineered by the developer/ landlord.

I can't recall a SINGLE commercial job that wasn't either engineered, professionally, or was not a trivial sub-set of an engineered scheme.

======

There was a time I spent a fair amount of effort to learn how to wire up motor controls.

And I have done so -- on my personal heavy equipment; as for on the job: never. Just on the economics, everything is shipped from the factory -- pre-wired. All that is necessary is to land the field wiring. Even that is challenge enough. (I've got a few war-stories about even getting it right when landing to a terminal strip... like 500 man-hours lost... dealing with a mere 12 terminal strips... not a typo! -- When you're lost, everything snowballs out of sight. In this case, the crew had to send for a factory tech to un-screw-up what they'd screwed up.)

So, I just let Ugly's be my guide in the very, very, few instances when I need to revisit the matter.

Tesla