"Hot" is a relative term. Had I put a thermometer on the roof decking, I probably would have measured a temperature of around 140F. Not hot enough to hurt much of anything except you. I woke this morning to some very nice little 1st degree burns ("sunburn") on my palms and knees.

I've used the black bakelite wire nuts for some "105C" light fixtures. They work just like the cheap plastic ones that come with the fixtures. Nicer hi-temp nuts have a bakelite shell that screws over a metal compression barrel.

The "tin" roof was, in reality, your usual sheet steel, corrugated steel roof deck, the sort with an inch or two of fiberglass under it.

I told the tale not just to accent the working conditions, but also the nature of the work. Instead of the usual dikes and strippers, I was using sockets and pry bars.

The site got off to a bad start this AM, when someone cut off their arm near the elbow. Patient and arm were flown 75 miles to the nearest 'real' hospital. Maybe they can fix it.

I can't speak for others ... but for me, this beats standing along a production line or sitting in front of a computer all day.