All parts are supposed to be 'listd', and the submittals for plan review usually are OK. That's not to say that issues do not arise in the field.

As the solar installers that are experienced improve the learning curve, the field issues are reduced or eliminated. When you have a 'newbie' doing solar, the issues start at plan review and continue in the field.

One comm job has not called for any inspections, and on a drive by visit (unscheduled stop) many issues were noted. They called in one inspection for trench/PVC for a new POCO pad mount transformer, which I went on. I told the foreman that multiple roof and raceway inspections are required, and a safe access to the roof is required. No responses yet. After the holidays, a $2k notice of violation will be processed IF no inspections are scheduled.

Back on track, the 'listing' issues that stick in my memory was related to grd lugs & hardware that was not the items within the specs. A large quantity were mounted on the pans & rails and after a week+ of emails, they had to change out all of them. Lugs they used were not approved/listed for exterior or exposed to the elements, per the paper that the mfg supplied. That was not a cost effective purchase.

John