sparkync,

Still don't have any papers signed on that one, so I may not have it.

The going rate for other GCs is about 1/3 to 1/2 of what I bid on that one job.

I've done 3000 sq ft houses with finished basements and including phone and tv for less than $6000 before.

Not bragging.

Besides, the one good month I had last year was for the first Greenbrier cottage I wired.

Most of the money went to my sub and to my supplier. I ended up with about $2K left over.

My net profit for the year (including my pay) was less than $12K, so don't go wishing you were in my shoes!

Seriously considering closing shop. Joe Musser quit his biz and is now working for the only competition at the Greenbrier for $12 per hour. Yes, he's a master and contractor. Not a typo. $12 per hour. I pay my no-experience helper $10 and most of you think it's too low.

Got turned down on a truck loan, so I don't have much faith in my business any more. My truck won't pass inspection without serious bodywork and a new windshield and I've got to the end of the month to repair or replace the truck.

Still don't have my helper legal. Don't have the $1600 for a wage bond and I have to have that before I can pay comp, withholdings, SSI, etc.

My poor helper has had to listen to me b*tch all day long too.

It seems pretty futile now. Sorry to rant again.

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 01-22-2003).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI