The motor works fine when the yellow & blue wires are connected to the .25" faston tabs marked 1 & 4 on the peckerhead and the black & white wires are connected to the 2 threaded lugs. It runs fine and cool like this. I'll also mention that the threaded lugs and faston tabs that the blue & yellow wires attach to seem to be connected together electrically. That is the left threaded lug seems tied to the left tab (1) and the right threaded lug seems tied to the right tab (4). If the yellow & blue wires are reversed on 1 & 4, the motor spins in the opposite direction.

It is only when I try using the dpdt switch I got from Grainger that I have problems getting the motor to run properly or reverse itself. I don't think the switch is bad since I can wire it as a single pole to turn the motor on/off, but without any reversing capabilities.

There does not seem to be a capacitor on this motor (start or run). It seems most like the resistance start induction motor that Scott35 posted in 2003 (figs 1.1 & 1.2) in the link I had on my first post. I can hear the centrifugal start switch open & close when the motor starts & stops so that seems to be working fine.

Last edited by GreggT; 10/24/12 11:55 PM.