I do know a couple of EC that are also good drywallers and painters but they are exceptions. I have seen more that make a good electrical job look like a hack did the finishing so the electrical work is immediately suspect. From the perspective of the general public they will judge you work more on the quality of your patching than if everyting works and code is met or exceeded. A little gap beside a switch that the cover does not hide is a sign of a poor electrical installation. I suspect a really good drywall patcher who does lousy wiring would get more repeat customers and referals than the best electrician that can't patch.
Like I always say get the guy who is the pro to do the job they are expert at. I can change a washer in a faucet but I call the plumber to run the drains lines and water lines even though I know how to do a lot of their work I will not do it as expertly and I hate it when the real expert comes after me to tell me how a pro would have done it. Plus I hate it when they fix their own cords or wire in baseboard heaters or use an old extension cord to feed that new plug or............