Okay fellas, I had a service call for a pump not running in a municipal water system. The pump is 10 hp submersible, down the hole about 200 feet, it will run about 3 minutes on comercial power then the phase loss monitor will trip and shut it down. There is a back up generator on site 40KW Kohler, start it throw transfer switch and all is right with the world. 3 phase 230 Delta with a high leg coming from the POCO, voltage reads as follows: A-N 121
B-N 190 C-N 121 A-B 236 A-C 255 B-C 241, based on those readings and amperage readings that varied 12 amps from leg to leg, I called in the POCO. Service man arrived, first told me there was nothing wrong on his end after measuring phase to neutral, I had him take the readings phase to phase then he agreed there was a problem.
Repair crew changes both pole pigs one 25KVA one 37.5KVA This doesent change a thing! Repair man says the pump motor is burnt up, to which I reply it has been running on the genset for 4 hours. I reset the phase loss monitor to give as much leeway as I dared, still wont run. Service man on the phone with engineer for a little while, check voltage again the A-C voltage is lower by about 5 volts, now the pump will run. When I left an engineer was supposed to ride the line the next morning, and "maybe adjust a regulator at the substation, but I still do not think it is our problem" How do you deal with bull headed utility people? Do you think there is something I missed, or should have done differently?

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid