Hola John...

IMHO, tough to cover in five (5) contact hours, so I have a lot of reading to look forward to on my own. The electrical related portion was IMHO very brief, mainly lighting, and very minimal.

5 Hours to cover Envelope & Mechanical; as well as Interior + Exterior Lighting!!! Wow!!! blink tired
5 Hours would not even cover Interior Lighting accurately!

If I could lend assistance to You, per Interior and Exterior Lighting Compliance Measures, feel free to contact me.

As far as Mechanical and Envelope Compliance, I have prepared Compliance Forms for California's CEC Title 24, Part 6; however this was Circa 1998 - 2001!
So, in the immortal words of Sargent Schultz...
"I Know Nothing..." laugh

Harold...

As for the energy code, does this apply to Rehab?

"Rehab"; referred to by the IECC as "Alteration", does not become an inclusion for Compliance until the 2009 Version of the IECC.
So, if Your Jurisdiction is using the 2006 IECC or earlier, it _APPEARS_ that no Compliance Documentation is required.
This should be verified...

If Your Project falls under the 2009 IECC, then all "Rehabs" will be Documented as "Alterations"

"QUOTE #1":
When you add a second level to the house and not extent the footprint of the original, would that count as "Rehab" or new?

and

"QUOTE #2":
If you finish off the basement in the original house, does that fall under "rehab"?

Per "QUOTE #1":
This would be Documented as an "Addition" to the Conditioned Floor Area.

Per "QUOTE #2":
This would be Documented as an "Alteration", per IECC 2009; and no Documentation required under IECC 2006 + earlier Versions (verification required)

*** Notes Per IECC 2009 Alterations:

Mechanical and Exterior Lighting Sub Sections are handled similar to "New Construction" - per Compliance Requirements.

Text from "COMcheck Version 3.8.1":

Alterations Compliance Determination:

Alterations projects only require the input of components that are being altered, thus only a partial listing of the building representation is likely to be included.
Also, envelope and interior lighting have exemption options associated with them.
As such, component and/or lighting tradeoffs cannot be determined in a meaningful way.
To determine compliance on alteration projects, a prescriptive approach is used for envelope and interior lighting.
Exterior lighting compliance is on a tradeoff approach as it is independent of building characteristics, configuration and power density limitations.
And since the 2009 IECC does not provide guidance on alterations and/or exemptions for either exterior lighting or mechanical systems, those energy end use areas will be handled similar to new construction projects.

-- Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!