Hot Line, I was being discrete simply because I didn't want the thread to go off on a tanget. I was referring to the inevetable differences in attudes that result when one party has the ability to insist that you use his services, can impose sanctions, andis immune to market forces.

(Anyone who doubts the influence of these factors need only compare the parking near City Hall to the parking at the local grocery store).

"Most never will get it." Well, there's our challenge. I went through something like this recently, where the cable TV worked amazingly better once the wires were re-run in a BICSI-approved manner. Still, it was something folks had to SEE before they believed. Suddenly, the 'cheap' handyman who had done the first job didn't look like such a smart deal.

I won't deny that customers will insist on things because they think theyknow how we arrive at our prices. For example, I had one office manager who wanted ALL the lights to be controlled by ONE switch. His reasoning: he thought we charged 'per opening.' (Later, when we added motion sensors, the location of the only switch led to the sensor working poorly.)