Hi all,

I have been working on pricing a quote to run power to a detached shed. The shed is about 105' from the main panel. The run will be along the side of the house then under the deck and the rest of the way underground. The owner wants two receptacles (one outside) and three light fixtures.

Initially the thought was to run one 20 amp circuit but with the voltage drop I'd have to use #6 wire which wouldn't fit into the 20 amp breaker in the main panel. So what I've ended up with at this point is the following:

A 60 amp d.p. breaker in the main panel, 2-2-2-4 SER cable along the house, and then 2-2-2-4 URD cable for the rest of the run. The portions of the URD which are above ground will be in 1-1/4" PVC conduit. Inside the shed will be a 100A 40 space load center with the main breaker changed to a 60A. I think this will all work, but is obviously overkill.

So I have two questions, really. Are there any problems with my approach? And is there a cheaper or easier way to do this? He really only needs a single 20A circuit.

Thanks,

Brad