Yup! France and in the middle of nowhere! Wirenuts- as Adam says, it's not as complex as it looks and all the parts are conventional Eu heating components. And it is now possible to buy a 'pack' for an underfloor zone, you get the same bits and they charge you over a hundred sobs to connect them with pipes. I can do that, gissa job! laugh

What you see is three separate heating systems running on one board- a conventional 7 radiator setup and two underfloor heating zones. Plus all the other stuff it turned out to be convenient to locate under the stairs. Zoning is only necessary if you want to have different temperatures in different areas. My wife suffers the normal hormone probs of a lady of her generation, a-hem, so we keep the bedroom cooler than the sitting room. This avoids me waking half frozen at 3am with the duvet on top of the dog! I also have a full set of drawings and could knock up an idiots guide fast if needed. Also, I hope to be moving outa here in a box so it's not my main worry! cool I built this for me, the next owner can light a fire if he's cold!

Basically, each area is served by its own programmer, which signals a motorised 2-port valve which controls water flow. Each of these signals a zone circulator to start and also fires up the boiler with a non backfeeding signal. The boiler has its own circulator fitted as a booster as its a long house. All pretty conventional. The boiler and burner are French, due solely to the weight and carriage costs. Every serviceable component has ball or gate valves either side, so any breakdowns can be serviced by a swap out. In an emergency, I can rob the first floor components to keep the ground floor running - [ and I have done this once, before I bought a spare MV and circulator].

All the parts are well known to both French/Brit plumbers, even though I bought most of it in the UK. The 20A UK isolator [ CE Approved] was fitted because a neon-indicated switch like this does not exist here- French electricians would simply fit a panel and breaker, which IMHO is not good practice for regular switching. All the 22mm pipe is British as the French stuff snaps in the benders, it being fully hard.

Tex, In fact most of what you see was bought in the UK. This is because mail order internet is faster than the local tortoises, better quality, far lower prices and has no quibble guarantees. Germany is the best place for the latest oil pumps at keen prices, for instance. I also plan ahead and buy stuff in bulk on my visits to blighty. I can get parts like burner nozzles from New York faster and cheaper- [ would you believe US$4.00 for a nozzle costing US$22.00 here but none in stock?] - than 2 km up the road + the guy I deal with in NY falls over himself to be helpful and professional and he speaka my lingo, near as dammit! It's a sad fact, but French 'guarantees' and customer service are terrible, and I hesitate to buy anything with more than 2 working parts locally. bash

Wood work but can't!