[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]
I have two systems running off the same boiler, a conventional water radiator zone and 2 zones of hydronic underfloor.
It's really a very simple system to control. Each programmer sends a signal that heat is required to a motorised valve. This has a relay built in, so that backfeeds don't occur. The relay contact starts the pump [circulator] and sends a signal to the boiler to fire up. When you have three sets of controls running in tandem, the wiring gets a bit complicated so I put in all in two large junction boxes. As you can see I used European type choc-blocks, and annotated each circuit for faulting out. This pic was taken during trials, hence the thermometers.

The radiator circuit is run, hardwired, by what is basically a digital clock, although it has some features like on/off, day, 24 hours etc. Temperature is controlled by tweaking each radiator's thermostatic valve. The underfloor system has 2 wireless programmers. These send signals to open the relevant motorised valve. The programmers can be set to temperature and have 4 timed programmes to suit lifestyles plus a customisable option. Two temperature levels can be preset, for example at night we drop the temperatures by about 8F. The units are user friendly.

This is my boiler, running a pressure jet burner on diesel, although I am currently building a vegetable oil fueled burner. It is jetted for about 20kW. I run it pressurised at about 20psi. The fluid is water/glycol [antifreeze] plus inhibitors, hence the hand-pump for refilling at pressure after mending leaks blush. The red ball is a diaphragm type pressure bottle which accomodates fluid expansion.

Wood work but can't!