Everyone;
Thanks so much for contributing to this discussion! We are getting some applicable topics to discuss, along with some "Good - vs - Bad" Plan submissions.

I would like to post a recently completed Plan Set for your review and opinions. Plan Sheets will be PDFs, with a link to the files (uploaded to my website).
First I need to mask or remove the Client's information, and the Building Department information too.

This Electrical Design-Build Project is a good example of a complex Electrical System, within an older, existing Light Industrial Building.

The most satisfying elements of this particular Project have been:

1: Received compliments from the Plans Examiner (Examiner was very appreciative of contents),

2: Inspections went very smoothly (ease of coordination between Plans -vs- Field Conditions, panel labeling + directories coordinate with Plans, aux. documents available for review),

3: Client is extremely satisfied with complete Design-Build, and has suggested our Services to others,

4: Project was profitable.

The Project was an Industrial T.I. within an existing 12,800 sq. ft. Concrete Tilt-Up, built in 1956.

Existing to remain Services (2):
a: 400 Amp; 120/240V 1Ø 3W "Lighting" Service - with KWH Meter,

b: 400 Amp; 240V 3Ø 3W "Power" Service - with KWH Meter...
(both Services derived from a single 4 wire Delta Pole mounted Transformer setup - supplied by the local Utility).

Client equipment includes:
a: (2) 40 HP Air Compressors, with 460V 3 Phase Squirrel Cage Motors (both run coincidentally > 3 Hours per day, 6 days a week),

b: (2) Sand Blast Booths, with 7.5 HP 230V 3 Phase Dust Collection Motors (both used coincidentally, > 3 Hours per day, 6 days a week),

c: (2) Gas Ovens with 5 HP 230V 3 Phase Blower Motors (both used coincidentally, > 3 Hours per day, 6 days a week),

d: (1) Paint Spray Booth, with 7.5 HP 230V 3 Phase Motor (used > 3 Hours per day, 6 days a week),

e: (4) 30 Amp, 120V "Warmers" - for fabrics and PVC setting (used >3 Hours per day, 6 days a week),

f: (1) 5 HP, 230V 3 Phase Banding Machine (used 15 min. per Hour, 6 days a week),

g: Misc. 120V < 20 Amp loads (intermittent, 6 days a week).

Design included a new 480V SDS for the Air Compressors:
240V Delta Primary x 480V 3 Phase 3 Wire Corner Grounded Delta Secondary (Phase "B" = Grounded Conductor).

Client builds and repairs Indoor & Outdoor Metallic Furniture - of medium to large sizes. Staff is active 6 days per week, 7.5 Hours per day (1/2 hr lunch). Equipment is in use up to 85% of the day, Monday through Saturday (excluding Holiday periods).

Will post link as soon as possible.
Looking for any and all comments + critique.

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!