I'm not really sure how the reaction would be if someone actually sold equipment with a non-standard plug, the discussion I mentioned covered privately imported equipment with adaptors bought in Germany, and those sparkies claimed those travel related adaptors aren't covered by safety codes, so they can be traded freely.

Unlike in Australia/NZ I've yet had to see equpipment sold (new) with a foreign plug. Some foreign EBAY sellers include adaptors though when they sell to Germany. That (and stuff imported by people moving from somehwere else) is about the only way to get equipment with foreign plugs around here. Actually I was surprised when a Modem I bought new came with a US phone cord and RJ11-Austrian adaptor instead of a proper phone cord.

Travel adaptors sold here are usually scary. Designed to fit all kinds of plug, none fit safely. During my backpacking tour through Ireland I mostly saw adaptors that took NEMA 1-15, AS/NZ plugs, Euro and Schuko (of course without ground and a fuse nowhere in sight). Back in the old days, those adaptors were fairly unlikely to be used with grounded equipment (shavers and battery chargers usually don't have a ground, hair dryers are required to be double insulated and those are the most common travel items) but with laptops now commonly requiring a ground I certainly don't like those adaptors, even if they only pose a functional risk for the computer.