It's starting to look like the carbon tax is going to be blocked in the Senate. Whew.

Does anyone have any good links into getting up to speed in the PV business?

BTW, anytime you read about a large veteran outfit shutting its doors that's very good news for the survivors. If you can stay alive until the rebound you'll have the opportunity to recoup your losses as margins and sales rebound.

In my area the bulk of the super-sized contractors were launched as one-man-bands in the Great Depression. The same situation will reoccur on the other side of this Greatest Depression.

BTW, unemployment in California is over 10% ( U3 statistic ) it is over 20% if you throw in all the other categories of unemployment + the massive job loss by illegal immigrants. Yes, we've already reached Great Depression numbers in unemployment here in California.

The government refuses to count job losses by illegal immigrants though the numbers and impact are huge. Without work, many have gone home. So now we're reading about extremely troubling times all along the northern zone of Mexico. And at some Home Depot locations it's getting so that store customers are being practically mobbed by out-of-work illegal immigrants seeking work. That is exactly what happened in the 1930's.

The relevance to us in the trades is that the General Contractors out here used 100% illegal immigrant labor to construct residential tract housing.

I found them tough competition when they bid on commercial work. They may not have spoken English, but they sure could talk low bid. Of course, this was un-permitted screamingly un-code-worthy stuff. The entire building code went out the window along with all matters legal. It was impossible to compete against rock bottom labor and a no-overhead outfit.

That flood of cheap labor kept my prices on the floor and made it impossible to accumulate reserves.

I'm still trying to find a port in this storm.

Green projects may be the solution. Congress is apparently giving a snappy tax credit (30%) for such items.

Tesla