the manufacturers instructions that requires other than the standard Domestic range cord. Not that I know what that difference might be.

Standard? Canadian Standard? The standard range whips I've seen have #8 wires and a 50 amp cord end.(CSA configuration 14-50P) Mabey there is a bigger cord available with #6 ? It would still have to have the 50amp cord end on it.

26-744(4) Where a range having a calculated demand of 50amps or less, receptacle 14-50R shall be installed.

Even smaller ranges have the 50amp cord on them. I had a customer who wanted to remove a bunch of old, hardwired ranges and have receptacles installed for the new ones. The old ones were wired with #10 on 30amp breakers.(small apartment sized ranges)Re-wiring would be a huge job(300+units)and the new apt sized ranges came with the 50amp cord. Had the inspector come out. He said I could install the 50amp receptacles(14-50R standard) on the old wire and showed me those codes in 26-744. I also had to leave them on the 30amp breakers. Keep in mind that this was an odd situation and a full sized range would never fit in these little apartments.

Last edited by Eddy Current; 01/06/09 11:50 PM. Reason: I can't spell