Thanks for the responses everyone, I ended up getting a 40 Amp breaker to start, and if need be I will upgrade it.

mikesh: I tried finding the L6-50R in my Leviton catalogue, but couldn't find it anywhere. Devin at Westburne couldn't find it in their Hubbell Catologue either. I ended up getting at CS8265C and CS8264C instead. They weren't cheap, $150 each.

I wish I had seen those Meltric decontactor plugs before I went shopping, but I'm sure they are pretty pricey. I ended up spending $2000 on Plugs, Connectors, Cabtire and Support Grips to wire up 5 machines. All of the drops will be from the ceiling with full support from grips mounted on buss safety springs. I ended up getting all Hubbell products because that's what Westburne carries, altough I would have preferred Leviton. I got SOOW cable rated at 90 degrees because the motors are all TEFC.

This is a personal installation in a new Woodworking shop I am building for my Father and I. The planer is a 24" production planer/jointer. It weighs over a ton. It has a 3 Phase 600 Volt motor on it, but I am currently rewiring it and installing a 240 Volt Single phase 7.5 HP motor in it. I just moved here from Toronto and unfortunately we can't get 3 Phase where we are located in Saanichton.

I am not an electrician, I was an electrical apprentice for 2 years before deciding I loved woodworking more.

Thanks again,

-Kai