We all have a bad name,(flaky,slow,always late,forgetful) sometimes unfounded, Like I said I've been working with the same bunch of guys for 15 years, I personally have only had this conversation about twice and the one time I can point out it was breaking a new sub in.

Most property managers we work with ask me if my electrician can take a look at something on a different floor, I always pay upfront and on time, whereas the building takes 30-45 days from recieving the bill, somewhere in the middle of the job if not after. My guys don't mind the 20% I make and the building knows that there is more accountability. (3 million in general liability insurance).

Now imagine if the building's project manager talked to everyone directly; the drywallers, electrician's, plumber's, painters where would I be? General's depend on their contractors just as much as the subs depend on the generals. I'm getting calls now from my subs because WE are out of work, thing's are dryed up and one developer told us two months ago; to take .60 cents on the dollar or I should get in line. All my subs are paid and it looks like I'm out $45,000 or Lawyers fees.