I have just had a situation with two computers both having the exact same problem. It seems a few days ago my son found his computer could no longer get on the internet and he could not delete some files or do any type of changes the computer decided should be done by an adminstrator (computer does not have an administrator owner is suppose to have those rights) this was XP home, at the time we thought he had picked up a virus of some sort from the way things were going.

Last night Windows sent their latest update to my computer (on Vista) after updating to it I then experienced the same problems he was having on the first computer at that time we realized a few hours before his problem was noticed Windows had sent an update to him.

I have since talked to another person who works where I am and she just had the same thing happen a couple of days ago and was about to send her computer to the shop for repairs thinking she had a virus of some type.

It might be a good idea to not install the updates for a couple of days until Windows has a chance to look into it as I suspect they must be getting a lot of complaints about this.