I have a customer/ friend that called me and said his light in his pool kept blowing. 6x in the past 2 years.so i went over to check. i tested voltage at the light and got 19v in the socket.was supposed to be 12v. went to trans. and got 19v load and 133v line!!
I tested the main lugs on panel and got the same voltage and 268v across hots.
i called fpl and they sent a crew out there the same night.i also kept checking in with them and they first said they had to change the meter. then they said the tranformer was too close to the meter and didn't have enough room for voltage drop. they couldn't figure it out for 3 days.i finally got ahold of them again and they said they had to fix something at substation.
1 week later they finally got the voltage down to 122v.
i talked to the homeowner and found out he blew up 2 computers, 1 dryer (maytag), bulbs, 2 pool pumps, and the worst part about it is his bill has been around $450 a month for the past 2 years!
he's a very conservative type,don't like lights on, no tv, does minimul laundry, keeps ac barely running, solar heat.

what would high voltage do short term and long?

florida power and light don't think they did anything wrong

i know on paper higher voltage means lower power but there has got to be a breaking point for too much votage.it's gotta boost resistence and cause a demand for mor power, right?

thanx for your help-----------------------