Ahhh, ya know, I really didn't want to comment on this stuff, but I gotta say a couple of things about GC's.

Most of them are all O.K. - it's the few ignorant, crappy, underhanded, cheap, "only in it for themselves" guys that really **** me off.

With our "hot" economy here, a bunch of these shysters have flooded into the city looking for a quick buck now.

Any of us established trades contractors have kind of pinned them down now, but new ones show up almost daily around here.

We're still figuring out who those GC's are, but we've eliminated about 5 of them running around here in Edmonton in the last couple of months that all of us EC's (and other trades) that won't work for anymore. It's an ongoing battle to get jobs done right while trying to deal with these crooks.

We've formed a kind of informal group with most of the reputable and long term contractors here now to try and pin down these kinds of "hit and run" ******, and it seems to be working reasonably well so far.

We know we'll never see perfection, but it sure helps with the networking to see just who is trying to do it to who here.

Let the jungle drums roll.!!!!