Gentlemen,

I apologize if my reply was taken as a commercial. It was not intended to sell the interlock kit. Yet, I did feel as though I needed to clear a few things up from past posts.

I understand that some are not too fond of the wording of our "convenience outlet."

The actual part name from the manufacturer is a "Power Inlet Box". Maybe we should think about changing back to that.

As for the concerns about the removing the dead front cover and being able to bend the plates to force the breakers on that is another thing.

The plates are made of stainless steel and the pictures online don't do the Interlock Kit any justice in terms of appearance. Beleive me they aren't as crude as they were originally as in the picture discussed. Yet being made of stainless steel, the degree of effort to bend this kit is tremendous. Along with the mounting screws that are also stainless, I don't see the bending effect to be any sort of problem in the installation of the device.

For removing the dead front cover, well that is just something that we are going to have to reiterate to the home owner while installing the kit.

Installers and electricians are only liable for what the instructions say as the correct installation. If a homeowner decides to take the panel off and play with the circuits, then we cannot be held accountable for that. Even with the Cutler Hammer dead fronts that have the kit already installed, if you remove the cover you can still get hurt, any open panel can be potentially hazardous.

We do make kits that are not readily available to certain panels, retro fitting to almost any manufacturer. Giving the option of saving time and money to both the contractor and the homeowner.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Ryan