Scott:
Based on a lack of time on my part now to read your complete post above, I quickly offer the following:

Existing items are something that should always be indicated; "ETR" (existing to remain"; shows up on few plans, and requires a phone call & revised plans. This may not seem like a big deal, but it confuses device counts on review, and causes unnecessary delays for all.

'One-Lines' are often missing, sometimes incomplete, and "ETR" again, not indicated.

Location of work to be performed should always be indicated; preferrably on the "E" pages, as those are the ones I reference.

Also, though not in your realm, how hard is it to indicate on the Permit card, the tenant name and floor, in multi-story, multi- occupant structures?? That's in the domain of the EC's, but I'm venting!

Circuitry is also an item that is overlooked occasionally. Finally, after many, many phone calls, I have most of the EE/Arch indicating egress lighting on local lighting circuits; either as a note, or indicated on the circuitry traces.

Then, I could rant on the discrepancies between the plans, and the permit application info, but....why 'jack' your thread.

The above are mostly rants during Plan Review.

The Inspection process relies on the Approved Plans here; preserving the Twp signed/approved set; that could go on for a while on some sites/jobs.

John

John