I beg to differ with you.

The titles:
Section 1006: MEANS OF EGRESS LIGHTING
Section 1006.1 Illumination required
Section 1006.2 Illumination level
Section 1006.3 Illumination emergency power

Section 1006.1 covers the illumination for MOE lighting, not normal lighting!!!!!

But now, I have to eat a little crow.

Section 1006.3 goes on to list areas needing emergency power for illumination:
1) exit access corridors, passageways and aisles in rooms and spaces which require two or more MOE.
2) exit access corridors and exit stairways located in buildings required to have two or more exits.
3) exterior egress components at other than the level of exit discharge until exit discharge is accomplished for buildings required to have two or more exits.
4) interior exit discharge elements in buildings required to have two or more exits
5) the portion of the exit discharge immediately adjacent to exit discharge doorways in buildings required to have two or more exits.

And we all remember which buildings and areas need two or more exits: those with an occupant load of more than 50. (I know, it is a lot more complicated than that: Spaces in occupancies H-1,2&3 = 3; H-4&5, I-1,3&4, and R = 10; and S = 30, spaces within floors need two exits if occupant load exceeds 500, and buildings consider travel distance too)

Earl