Last catalog had a toaster for just under $10 which is hard to comprehend.
Yeah mate,
How on earth can you build, test and manufacture and give decent quality control to an item that will sell at the store for $10??.
I do know that appliances are made as cheap as dirt these days, which is a shame, because at the end of the day, the consumer is not getting the life span out of an appliance that they would have expected say, 10 years ago.
And we have had this argument here before, you can't fix anything economically anymore.
There is actually an Electronics Tech here working at the local Service Station (Garage) for some ungodly wage, because he went out of business because the companies he used to service TV's and the like for, got meaner and meaner with respect to manuals and the price of replacement parts.
I know this guy well and he is a top class technician, but he is too over-priced for the "throw-away" society we live in these days.
We had a problem with our (get this RODALCO), new Plasma screen TV at the Fire station about a month ago, the guy woke me up at 9am to have me let him in, he was done by 9:10 and this was not a small fault, apparently the unit had a lot of dry joints in it, he even showed me and I agreed.
It was still under warranty but he said it was hard to get warranty payments out of a lot of companies these days.
I think that is what killed his business in the end, suppliers don't like being not paid and if the companies that you are servicing gear for with-hold money until they have to pay, what is the guy in the middle supposed to do?.
This is not good, it's totally up-side down from what it was a few years back.
I don't like where we are heading. [Linked Image]