We Europeans like to see a colonial slipping into these threads [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I too like the analagy about the chef Paul, another good one is people like me who have repaired their own vehicles and then taken it on public roads without having the work we did checked by a qualified mechanic, now that really would be a real can of worms if the government tried to stop the diy car brigade [Linked Image]

The thing that gets me about homeowners and the like doing electrical work is the standard of their work, I have no problem with people who can do a good job but some of the nightmares that I have been called out to would give a lot of people sleepless nights, one of the worse offenders are the kitchen/bathroom companies who want to do the whole job in a day and do not care how many corners they cut to meet their target, the last one I did was a kitchen that had been replaced a couple of years before and all of the kitchen sockets 7 in total had been run back to big "pudding" joint fed from a spur socket!!!

"pudding" joint for the uninitiated is just a big paralell joint with all the conductors joined up in a terminal strip (if they're lucky) covered in tape and hidden under a unit,floorboard etc

Another edit for a spelling mistake, better lay off the beer [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Ever Ready (edited 05-25-2004).]