Being honest i thought

It is already illegal to make changes to gas appliances or fittings unless qualified,

was also the way it was, obviously not.

for me the most dangerous findings are the 13 amp fuses in the plug tops of tv's, video recorders,desk lamps etc.

I plumbed in a second hand dishwasher for a friend, and connected its lead to a fused spare, whilst everything was or appeared to be as normal i opened the door of the washer to feel a tingling through me to the draining board i was leaning on, having wet hands offering a relatively low resistance path to earth.this was due to the plug being incorrectly wired with a neutral/earth reversal using the circuit cpc for a return path putting the circuit neutral onto the metal casing.in theory there should be no change in potential between cpc and neutral but the only thing i can think of is that the bonded draining board had a lower resistance path to the t'former than the actual circuit neutral allowing current in other parts of the circuit to try and pass through myself.
if this is correct cant have been much difference in resistance due to the tingle sensation and not an uncomfortable shock.

The fact of the matter, is if the plug was wired live/earth reversal would have been very different situation!!! [Linked Image]

One more thing that scares me is when you see the diy's wondering what size cable,fuses,clips,etc to buy in the local BaQ electrical section!!!!!!you can even by earth rods in your diy stores these days [Linked Image]

I would certainly like to see some kind of laws be implemented.