Polarised plugs make a lot of sence. Schuko was designed for supplies that used 127V to make up the 220V supplied to the applience. Both terminals were hot, same with the Italian system.

However, with the use of 230V + Neutral bonded to ground it makes no sense not to polarise the plugs!

Most appliences use single pole switching so when the plug has the blue wire on the hot side the applience parts remain live. Light sockets are an obvious danger. Fusing on the neutral side is also considered dangerous and may result in a non polarised system.

I just think it would be a general safety benefit and very easily achievable situation.

I also fail to see why we need to have CEE 7/IV and CEE 7/V. It's just unnecessary duplication and I think the CEE 7/IV (schuko system) is inferior in this instance. The French version is the obvious candidate for a replacement. Lots of advantages.. it's less complicated, more robust, polarisable, fits the same plugs, takes up the same space and can easily fit into a shucko box.