Schuko seems to be gradually becoming the single standard for most of Europe. I wonder will the other 2-round pin based systems survive?

The Italian plug has to be the neatest design in the world. Takes up very little space on a box/panel. It also makes it idea for fitting into very old buildings. UK and Schuko fittings are very bulky in comparison.

I'd say the Italian plug system is as likely to stay around as the UK system just based on the population of italy being large enough to do its own thing.

The Danish system seems slightly pointless. [OK it's polarised (half the time anyway)] Especially considering that you can easily connect a schuko plug and end up with no earth. I'd say given the size of Denmark and the fact that the rest of Scandinavia uses Schuko that the Danish system will disappear.

As for the Swiss system it doesn't really offer any technical advantages over schuko. The outlets are generally low rated, the plugs are no safer. They're a neat design though. The recessed version also makes it impossible to connect grounded schuko/French plugs. Given the swiss history of keeping things within the codes I'd say it'll survive too.

For solid technical reasons and not so solid europhobia I can't see the UK ever adopting Schuko.

It would make no logical sense to standardise European outlets on anything else though almost the entire area uses them exclusively.