As far as I know Swiss wiring has many similarities to Austrian wiring, like fused neutrals etc. Old color codes were really weird, I put them into the color codes thread, new color code is blue for neutral, yellow/green for ground and any color but blue and yellow/green for phases, usually red. Flexes follow international color coding. 10A receptacles are still standard. One weird thing: Cords longer than 5m are illegal, unless there's a means of rolling them up when not in use. Also applies to extension cords (have to be on a reel).
The Swiss do have a very nice institution, the "Starkstrominspektorat". If doubt some old wiring is still safe you can call these guys, they'll inspect the wiring and can force the owner to bring it up to code. Maybe they even perform regular inspections.
I think the Swiss are pretty strict on their codes, so German plugs wouldn't stay long. However, I haven't been to Switzerland for more than 10 years so I can't say much about the current situation first-hand.