Hello, Trumpy! [Linked Image]

I'll quote some points from your message here.

is it really necessary to bend the tops of the Ladder "strings", over at 90 Degrees?.

Not necessary to bend the tops. I just did this to see if the Plasma would go up there and stay. With my older Neon
Transformer, the Plasma was much more stable, and would go upto the bent tops without being quenched.
Sometimes the Plasma would stay up there for at least 10 minutes!
The other Xformer had an output voltage of 15 KV, but that 15000 VAC still pushes only 30 ma. maximum. That
Xformer was rated 450 VA The one I have now is only 9 KV, and is also 30 ma. maximum (270 VA).
If the current was higher (like 60 ma), that would produce a nice stable Plasma @ 9 KV!

The one that I built, had the strings, just pointing upwards, I made heaps of Ozone, but we need it down here.

The Ozone production is one of the more primary reasons why I run it outside (came close to suffocation!). Love the
scent of the produced Ozone! Has a distinct smell.

Regarding the Schematics, we are talking people that have never encountered Electronics,
apart from turning their TV or Stereo on and off, that are looking to pass an Exam to use all
available Ham Radio frequencies, all modes.
What I really need is some Diagrams, that explain basic Digital Electronics, I've got all of the
Analogue stuff and I have re-written it to make it easier to read.
Digital Radio is becoming more and more common, these days,especially with Packet Radio, I
just want to give these people a really good grounding in the basics of Digital Equipment.
Can you help?, Scott.

I'll gather some things together, then E-mail them to you ASAP. Are you looking for Logic Gate truth tables and
flowchart schematics, along with maybe some IC basics? Would it help if I included some Boolean Algebra basics
too? (like figuring decimal value of a nibble (4 bit) or a Byte (8 bit) string, but staying away from Hex!).
I would imagine you are looking more towards Op-Amp circuitry info, and similar stuff, which I have a nice archive
of schematics which are hard copies (printed and stored on paper). Would be nice to have these schematics in
AutoCAD format, or at least a scanned image - just soooooooooo much work to do this!

Scott35 S.E.T.

BTW, I stumbled across an old post by you asking me about posting info and schematics regarding KWH metering
via CTs. I'll reply to it next.

S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!