Trumpy;

Sorry for the delayed reply. Was in the middle of replying last night when Netscape decided to throw a GPF Monkey Wrench at me!

Anyhow, verify the USB settings are enabled in the BIOS setup. If a setting is disabled, change it to "Enabled", then save changes and exit the setup.

After verifying all is OK in the BIOS setup, see if Windows found the USB ports. Do this in the System Properties Device Manager (accessed from the Control Panel).
If you see a "?" or "!", Windows has some conflict with it.
Verify all IRQs and Addresses are not being stepped on.
Try removing the USB port and, if also affected, the root hub, from the Device Manager by highlighting each device and selecting the "Remove" button.

After rebooting, Windows should go into a "new hardware found" setup routine, which should result in proper port setup.
If not, manually tweek the settings.

If Windows does not look for the port after reboot, try a manual hardware search (Control Panel / Install New Hardware).

Make sure your machine / O.S. has the USB drivers needed. If needed, the Windows CD-ROM has them in a Cabinet file.

Once the USB port is active, you will need some type of camera uploading driver - unless you are going the TWAIN route, which only needs a TWAIN driver.
Check the net + Microsoft's site for compatable drivers.

Good luck!

Scott35

p.s. - Re: Connector polarity;
If the USB ribbon cable connector does not have a "Keeper Pin", try matching up the pin numbers of the connector to the identified pin numbers on the board. If no numbers are available, let me know.
I'll check the good book of USB for more information.

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!