Marc,
The loads I found that were running on the 14/2 Romex were mind boggling! 10A Soda Machine, 12A Microwave, a commercial coffee machine I couldnt find a rating on (probably between 12-15A, 14AWG power cord), 5 offices each with a full-on computer set up, one of the offices had a portable space heater & a small Mr. Coffee... I havent found the breaker that fed all of this, as when I came across all this, I immediately showed the manager that called in the work order. I saftied off the romex crap at a box & left it dead until they decide who's eating the repair bill. The company management had no clue all this was up there & stated it must've been left over from the last tenant.. & they're holding the landlord responsible for the repair. (BTW, the company there now had an "electrician" add a few outlets in the offices. The "electrician" mentioned nothing about the romex being there.. He must've seen it, because his outlets connected into the jbox with the failed Wago connectors, being fed via the romex. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] The MC cable minus the ground seemed to be made this way!, I've never come across it this way, but that part of the circuit had devices on it which appeared to be from sometime in the late 60's or into the 70's... Was this ever ok?
I found weirdness all over this place.. panels doublelugged to feed other panels, burned breakers still being used, open breaker spaces, ¾ of the boxes in that place were uncovered. Some hacked up ways of attaining 220V by pulling a phase from 2 different boxes into another... The 3rd pic was taken from a distance, sorry about the quality, but its severly overcrowded & was also missing a cover... The 1st pic is about 20+ feet of EMT running to the roof, just resting on the A/C ducting. [Linked Image]
I'll get more pics once they sign for the repairs.

-Randy