Here are some pics of a pair of commerical gas fired hot water heaters I personally wired up today all by myself:

[Linked Image from mysite.verizon.net]

This should pass inspection - no problem right? Ran out 3-2 adapters on this job so I just removed the grounding pin on the other cord. Besides, who needs adapters?

This one was having trouble staying running. All that was needed was a wiring "adjustment". Besides, who needs those silly flame roll-out sensors anyways.

The only thing I may need help from you guys with is what those wires are for. I think I'll leave them exposed like that, for everyone to admire my quality work.

Okay, I know the neat and workmanlike manner in which I installed this water softner must have taken your breath away! But don't be jealous folks, one day when you get your masters electrician license you might come close... but for now, watch and learn.

Of course, everything works perfectly. I even wired in a "custom" safety system... anytime you turn the light off in the room the power automatically cut to the water heaters and softeners. Hint: The extension cord is connected to a bulb adapter. I know I shouldn't give away my trade secrets, but in the interest of "educating" the folks here...

Joe

P.S. Could a moderator move this post to the photos section as appropriate? I'm not authorized to post there.