I've recieved some of these Nigerian emails over the past few years. I knew a guy from Nigeria that was in my church congregation about five years ago and he told me that there is a lot of business and commerce in Nigeria but also a lot of corruption including with their Government if I remember correctly.

I called my bank and asked them if I let these Nigerians make a deposit or gave them account info, if they could make an unauthorized withdrawal. The bank said they probably could if they were corrupt. Actually, many corportations have the ability to automatically debit your bank account. Payments are commonly made by conusmers to these corporations in the form of checks by phone. Anyone that you ever gave a check to has your bank routing and account number.

If I had a spare bank account, I thought that I might empty it and then let them have the numbers just to see what happens out of curiousity and jollies.

I'm about 99.9% sure they would never make a deposit though, and I was afraid that they might be able to tap another account I had in the same bank if I let them get even a toe in the door.

The problem with them being in Nigeria is you have no way to get them arrested. If it someone in the United States, any District Attorney would jump on it, and the FBI would get involved if it was interstate.

AC