Well talk about tempting fate! I thought I'd escaped this particular sort of junk, until one turned up in my e-mail today.

I'll save you whole spiel, here's the edited version:

FROM MIS FAITH MWANANAGA

REF: TRANSACTION REQEST.

DEAR PARTNER.

I am aware that it is amazing when a business proposal letter come From Some one that you Don"t know however, you address was to the consideration of your profile and i became aware of your credibility and co-operation in this transaction that would be profitable to both of us.

I am Mr john Mwananaga. The Daughter of Dr Nanapanga Mwananaga.Finance Minister of Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC),presently i am in the Netherlands on a senior Legal Management course. Recently I was contacted

<snip>

Be rest assured that this business will attract no risk.For more clarification,you are to use the above telephone or e-mail.

Yours sincerely

Mis faith Mwananaga

Well for start, it might be just slightly more convincing if the sender could decide whether he/she is named John or Faith! And there was no telephone number above either.

Mike,

BTW, would anyone like to go in halves in a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge ?

Only if I can interest you in buying London Bridge. The new one that is, you've already got the old one! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 06-20-2002).]