Let me tell you a little more about the installation since I'm the photographer.

It's used to feed a modular panel installation. 'Conduit' is used to feed the subpanel. The mocked-up panel is in a show area for our customers along with our products. The people that see this panel are designers of offices and not electricians or NEC gurus.

The separate neutrals are one of our companies selling points. Think of all those PCs out there with all those harmonics and imbalanced loads. Our modular panel system helps out by having this multiple neutral system. I'm not sure why the neutral couldn't just be sized larger but I'm guessing it was a physical sizing problem. My guess is the larger neutral would not fit into the modular panel wiring system.

I showed the subpanel to one of our electromagicians that works in the plant and he saw the problem immediately.

I'm not sure who or what wired the panel. It was probably wired for aesthetics rather than for NEC. I just think it's humorous that it's so proudly displayed. I'm going to see if I can get it fixed. Then maybe I call for an inspection. [Linked Image]

RSlater,
RSmike