ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
RODALCO Offline OP
Ok, we have the thread with the photo's from 'How do we look like'.

I thought it may be an idea to make a topic regarding our electrical workshop, wheather it is at home or at work, where we do some preparation work, for a job, ponder about new ideas, hoard our bits and pieces, etc.

I have to admit that I'm a bit of a Magpie and my workshop(s) are full with old electrical gear like old kWh meters, clocks, motors, dead VCR's, old circuit boards, powersupplies, old pieces of cable which may find some use one day, car alternators for those little projects I wanna do one day etc. The other ( old kitchen ) is now my electronics workshop where I repair chargers, tapedecks, built electronic circuits, have lots of salvaged capacitors, LED's, power resistors, transistors, diodes and more, and do the light duty type work.

As usual if you need an item it's very hard to find, or thrown out at the rare clean up, which may happen once every few years when everything gets to full, or very in accessible.

My experience is in general, the day after you throw something out or take it out of your ute, you need it for a job and a wholesaler hasn't got it or is miles away.

I will post some photo's to one of the moderators from my 'messy' work areas. [Linked Image]

There are never enough hours in a day to get it all tidy, especially with 2 very active children under 8.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
E
e57 Offline
Maybe add to this, "what does the back of your van look like?" - Sometimes mine gets to 'eye level', and is a sight to be seen!

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
R
RODALCO Offline OP
Good point e57 we add that to this thread too.
I like the eye level comment, and I know that vision very well.
Cheers Ray

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
Not an 'electical workshop' per se Ray, but here's where I hang out most days.
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000937.html

It's 49 foot x 18 foot and converted from an old post barn. Fully insulated, heated and plastered out, I can tackle most any job if I takes a fancy to it. This is strictly 'gentleman amateur' stuff, [ I now live on the nuts I squirreled away during my summer days ], but last fall I prefabricated the frames for a 30 foot x 15 foot workshop for a mate in here out of Douglas Fir. Coffee? Just call the delightful " 'er indoors room service" , right across the yard! Pinch me someone!!!

Alan

ps. there's over 300 cubic foot of the Douglas under that blue tarp, pic 1. We did a deal with a mill up Flers way and got it for $4 a cube cut and delivered.

+ typo

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 02-28-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 02-28-2006).]

Wood work but can't!

Link Copied to Clipboard