Definitely! The only trouble was he could have removed somebody else from the gene pool!
Apparently, this "switch" had been in use for some time before someone got shocked. Unless all the previous users had been wearing well-insulated shoes, I can only assume that he'd got it in the neutral side, with the main part of the bolt on the door to mains neutral so that only the small plate on the frame was hot when the light was off.
Just a guess, of course, but I think 220V would have made its present known sooner if not!
#4583 - 10/04/0107:19 AMRe: An ingenious light switch
1)The arcing/pitting would have eventually rendered the "switch" inoperable. 2)It seems like it would have been discovered if anyone had ever washed down the restroom. (They must have never cleaned it) YUCK!
#4584 - 10/04/0108:53 AMRe: An ingenious light switch