ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#42938 09/29/04 12:07 AM
M
I have installed a DSC PC1555 hard wire alarm system with a PC 1575 LED keypad after checking all wiring and allowing the back battery to fully charge I tried to get the system to operate. The "trouble" light appears with zone light 1 on which indicates "Service Required" I would like to know what needs to be done to allow the system to operate properly. No other lights come on indicating all other systems are working properly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Mty Jerry

R
Does this system need an end-of-line resistor installed?

Have you tried the company's tech support?

Good luck.

Rick Miell

W
All zones must have EOL resistors installed including the fire zone. If not, you will have a trouble light. Also if the comunicator has been programmed and the phone line is not connected it will also show trouble.

T
also ohm the zones at the panel for grounds, and the zone in question, ohm the pair and verify that you can " see" the EOL on the zone.

S
Here is what you do :

Approach the keypad. Press * 2 The Zone that lights up indicates the trouble. If its Zone 1, then press "1" again. If its one of the other Zones see the chart :

Here are the Zone codes :

Zone 1 - Service Required

light 1) low battery
light 2) bell circuit trouble
light 3) general system trouble
light 4) general system tamper
light 5) general system supervisory
light 6) not used

Zone 2) AC failure
Zone 3) Telephone Line Monitoring
Zone 4) Failure to communicate
Zone 5) Zone Fault
Zone 6) Zone Tamper
Zone 7) Device Low Battery (if you are using wireless)
Zone 8) Loss of system time.

I am willing to bet you have 2 troubles. I think its the loss of system time. You must program the time in the system to work properly. And, I think you have TLM trouble. The manual explains how to disable the TLM, OR, run a phone line to the system so that it "see's" a dial tone.

End of line resisters are optional for this system. It can be disabled through programming if EOLs have NOT been used.

Please let me know how you make out.

M
I have programed it for the time, date, etc. I will try to diaable the TLM as you suggest. I do have the phone connected and checked to make sure it was working properly.
Thanks Jerry

Link Copied to Clipboard