ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trumpy Offline OP
People,
I have just come back out of the cold (1.5m of snow and climbing) from a Faults call-out to try and repair some lines on a Property that were repaired by the people that lived on the said property.
They had all the lines crossed to the house,
3 phase star wired (230V+ Neutral).
I said that I would come back and have a go at it in the morning, weather permitting, as I was not about to replace the DDO's with the lines in this state.
But, I think this is where we lost communication, between ourselves, because one of the people,got quite stroppy with me and basically gave me my whole pedigree and what he would do if I didn't hook the power back up to the house, right there and then.
It was about then, that I walked away from the whole thing and took the fuse-links off the pole and run away, as every good Faults-man should!. [Linked Image]
What are your thoughts on this, even though you folk in the Northern Hemisphere are languishing in Summer?.
My God it's COLD HERE!!!. [Linked Image]

P
Hello Trumpy

Sometimes in our rushing headlong into the day we lose sight as to the 'rest' of the world. You are in snow and cold, and here in New York it is suppose to reach 96 degrees today.
Good luck in your snowy adventure!!!

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
Trumpy Offline OP
Pierre,
Thanks for the thought, mate! [Linked Image]
It's funny though, I never really thought of the weather like this, until I joined ECN,
everyone in the US has the opposite weather to you, if you live Down-Under!!. [Linked Image]
Doesn't matter now though, I've got my Hi-Wall A/con cranked up to a Million degrees [Linked Image] and I'm gettin' warm!.
[Edited to include later post!.]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 07-05-2003).]

B
It can very difficult to work safely under excessive duress. The last thing you want to do is endanger yourself or anyone else in the area.

Poor weather can cloud one’s judgment, so restoration needs to be done deliberately and methodically, with extra caution as the individual situation presents itself.

S
Trumpy,
linesmen here are seriously understaffed.

for instance i know that some have worked 120+hr weeks in ice storms to restore power.

what do i tell those anxious customers who erroneously call and berate me btw....

i tell them to 'be nice' , because the poco has the power, and they don't.

Link Copied to Clipboard